- The Government of Liberia has introduced reforms to reduce the factors that constrain private- sector development, manufacturing, trade and services in line with its poverty- reduction strategy.
- Over the last 2 years, the Government of Liberia has started a one- stop business center, reduced construction permit fees, revised the revenue code and aligned import tariffs with the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)’ common external tariffs.
- There are no discriminatory laws against foreign persons or entities wanting to do business in Liberia.
- Through the liberal Investment Incentive Code, Liberia offers several benefits to new and expanding business enterprises for approved investments projects in areas such as manufacturing, agriculture, forestry, fishing and mining. Incentives include exemption from custom duties, income tax, stamp duty fees and other benefits.
- The Government of Liberia has recently introduced tax cuts and a US$ 2 million guarantee fund for Liberian entrepreneurs.
Source: Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Liberia